Health and Work Safety
Come First for PRO Environmental Services
PRO Environmental is your leading asbestos removal company in Wellington, Kapiti, and Wairarapa.
Here at PROES, work and health safety always come first for the team working on site to remove asbestos from your home or office.
Our number one priority is to ensure that both PROES and you are safe while we work to completely remove unwanted asbestos, metals, mould, and more.
PROES is on a mission to uphold the highest of standards when it comes to fostering a clean, healthy environment for the safety of our clients, team, and the New Zealand public. You can read more about our company here.
PROES is ISO 45001 certified with the Occupational Health and Safety Management in New Zealand. We undergo rigorous training and continuing education in our industry to ensure that we are up to date on the highest standards for work safety.
Additionally, we use mainly new equipment and tools on all our projects, assessing and reviewing our equipment every 6 months. We are always looking for the safest and most innovative solutions to ensure the highest quality of work.
Our Work and Health Safety Policies include:
- Ensure this OH&S management system complies with all ISO 45001:2018 requirements
- Recognise that OH&S management responsibilities rank equally with responsibilities for production, services rendered, costs and similar matters
- Ensure that PROES has available for use, appropriate financial, technological and human resources to eliminate or minimise risk to health and safety
- Ensure that PROES workers and contractors work in a healthy, safe manner and are not harmed (or do not cause harm to others) while working on PROES’ premises and dynamic work sites. This includes the safe handling and removal of asbestos.
- Encourage worker consultation and participation in health and safety matters, including external guidance from worker nominated representatives
- Promote measures to prevent injury and illness by insisting on safe methods, safe equipment, proper materials and PROES safe practices at all times
- Maintain a list of preferred contractors who are eligible to tender for work for the company in terms of meeting or exceeding our company’s standard for health and safety documentation
- Ensure accurate, timely reporting of incidents (injury and non-injury), investigation and required corrective actions are implemented
We are passionate about providing quality services by delivering honest advice. By delivering asbestos services we are proud to say we are saving lives in the construction industry and the community we all live in. Read our full list in our Safety Policy.
Services We Offer
PROES proudly serves the Wellington, Kapiti, and Wairarapa areas in New Zealand, including Lower & Upper Hutt, Karori, Hataitai, Southgate Raumati, and more. Contact our team today to learn more about what we can do for your residential or commercial building in your area.
PROES provides asbestos abatement, removal, and disposal of friable and non-friable asbestos in your home, commercial, or institutional spaces.
Our team offers complete demolition works carried out safely and economically by an experienced and reliable crew with over 40 years of experience in modern demolition techniques and equipment.
Much more than just cleaning, our integrated services offer comprehensive solutions to promote a cleaner, safer, more user friendly environment, all with a commitment to reduce our carbon footprint.
PRO Environmental Services offers a 24/7 emergency call out service, so we can quickly manage any issues, and your work can continue with very little disruption.
What our clients say
“Great company for removal work. Quick in responding to query, professional, good price, excellent work.”
— Sander de Laat
“Thanks again for arranging everything so quickly. The area looks great, and the guys did a really nice job of cleaning it up. I appreciate the work!”
— Karl Seaman
“Great job, quick and easy – Adrian and the team were great to deal with and flexible when we had to postpone.”
— Pablo Revuelta, Google Review
“The professionalism and efficiency was much appreciated.”
— Ellie Good
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does asbestos removal cost?
Asbestos removal cost will dependent on what type we will be removing and how much needs removal. It can be as simple as Class B 10m/2, which will cost just for removal around $1800, and 500m/2 which can cost up to $45,000.
Class A removal project normally starts from around $10,000 and can go up to millions depends on size of the project and findings in the survey. It’s always good to arrange testing before removal and identify what we will be dealing with. Asbestos testing will cost around $300, and then a full survey which will start from $1200.
How soon after asbestos removal is it safe to go back into the building?
As soon as a licensed removal contractor receives a clearance certificate from an independent assessor, the building is ready for safe re-occupation.
How long does asbestos removal take?
We do our best to work quickly, safely, and effectively to ensure you can get back to work as soon as possible, without putting your teams or customers at risk. Each project is unique and brought carefully through our process.
To provide you with a rough reference we can say that Residential Asbestos Removal can take around 1-5 days, depending on the scope of work. Commercial Asbestos Removal can lead from 1 day to several months, also depending on what is involved and the specific project needs.
If you have discovered asbestos in your commercial, residential, or industrial property, PRO Environmental Services can help you either manage it or remove it completely with encapsulation and remedial services.
Should I remove asbestos myself?
It’s always recommended to hire professionals to deal with asbestos removal.